Thursday, June 12, 2014

OWASP Executive Director Update

Dear OWASP Community Members,
On Friday May 23, 2014, I gave notice to the Board of Directors that I will be resigning as Executive Director of OWASP.  As some of you already know, I am pregnant with my first child and, now, have decided to take this opportunity to stay at home with the baby after she is born in late August. This has been a difficult and bittersweet decision, as I am sad to leave OWASP but very excited for this new chapter in my life full of its own challenges and experiences.
In the past three and a half years since I started working with the OWASP community on the 2011 Global Summit, I have had the great fortune of working with many volunteers around the world both virtually and in person.  I will treasure that work and all of the efforts and enthusiasm I have experienced first hand in the community.  Thank you to each and every one of you for your continued contributions to support OWASP as an organization and, most importantly, for your hard work improving the security of software.

The Board will be following up shortly with the community to provide more details on next steps for OWASP.  I plan to continue working to support the ongoing efforts and initiatives of the Foundation over the next couple of months, enabling a smooth transition of my responsibilities upon my departure in August.

As we work through this transition, if you have questions and comments I encourage you to share them with me, the Board of Directors, and other community leaders via the owasp-leaders and owasp-community mailing lists.
Sincerely,
Sarah Baso
Executive Director
OWASP Foundation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home